Observations of Arlene, Age 73, over the past year. Jan 07, 2009.
1. Unsure of her footing, shuffles along, scuffling her feet, unable to walk without straying, unbalanced
2. Gets confused in large stores, where the exits and car is located
3. Has a hard time completing sentences, knows what she wants to say, pauses, ah, ah, searching for words and cannot complete the main thought or subject, repeats herself.
4. Occasionally cannot recall current events, recent activities, dates, forgets where her things are and says she “can’t find anything sometimes”
5. Has fallen five-six times
6. Very low energy, wants to sleep a lot, hard to climb steps
7. Easily gets large bruise marks on her arms
8. Objects have just slipped from her grasp
9. Has become agitated and irritable over small things
10. Is becoming a recluse, sets a lot and watches TV, does not want to do normal house work, meal preparation, or call her daughters and sisters.
11. Was on simvastatin for over a year Dr H changed her to zetia, I took her off that due to many bad side effects.
12. Has been a smoker for over 55 years, is trying to quit
13. Missing some data entries in our business book keeping
14. Printing and signature is now slower with deteriorating legibility, given up our office bookkeeping
Tenormin, 25mg in evenings. Mitral Valve Prolapse, since circa 1980’s
Plavix, 75 mg one per day, Catapres-TTS-1 for blood thinning and high blood pressure, respectively, after the Oct ’08 stint operation
Synthroid, .05mg, one in am, for hypothyroid condition, since June ’08.
Aspirin, 81 mg one per day.
16. Medical Condition
Fell, concussion cracked skull, early 1990’s, has lost most of sense of taste and smell
Stint in Heart LDA circa 1996
Stint in each leg junction from aorta, one year later
Re-stint in heart LDA Oct ’08, 90% blockage
Leg blockage, left 75% right 50% (+/-) no action
Started Chelation treatments on Jan 13, ’09. She completed 19 treatments in FL prior to returning to IL, April 16th. While on the treatments she has made the follow health improvements besides quitting smoking:
- Buying more natural food, more nutritious food, eliminating sugar, white bread, eating more fish and less red meat.
- More walking
- Supplements and Vitamins each day
Women’s Multi vitamin
CoQ10 100 mg
Vit C 1000 mg, D3 5000 IU, Woman Multi Vit +50
Ca/Mg/Z with Vit D
Super B Complex
Fish Oil 1200 mg
Vit E 200 IU mixed tocopherols
Natto K 1000 FU
EDTA 500 mg
- Stopped taking Plavix and synthroid, now taking Armour Thyroid 30 mg.
The area of forgetting things, difficulty in completing what she wants to say remains. Need to talk about the use of Aricept???
MY COMMENT: THIS WOMEN HAD A HYSTERECTOMY 40 YEARS AGO AND LOOK AT THE PATH SHE HAS GONE DOWN. IT'S TRUE, IF YOU HAVE NO HORMONES THE PATHWAY SURELY WILL BE EITHER "CANCER, DEMENTIA, AUTO IMMUNE DISEASES (LIKE LUPUS, ARTHRITIS, DJD), HEART DISEASE, OSTEOPOROSIS (WHICH MEANS HIP FRACTURES, KNEE REPLACEMENTS)...JUST TO NAME A FEW. I SEE IT EVERYDAY IN MY OFFICE LADIES! SO FOR ALL YOU MEN OUT THERE GET YOUR WIVES TO SEE THE CHANGES IN THEM. GEORGE DID AND ARLENE HAS BEEN ON THE WILEY PROTOCOL FOR ONLY 1 MONTH AND EVEN "I" CAN SEE THE CHANGES BEGINNING IN HER!