Saturday, August 29, 2009

Farrah Fawcett and My Take On Her Hormones and Cancer

My research of hormones and their role in humans has opened my eyes not only for my own health but for all people. I just finished reading the September 2009 issue of Vanity Fair magazine that did a special edition dedicated to Farrah Fawcett that spoke about her life and her cancer. On page 310 of the article a paragraph stood out to me--it wouldn't stand out to anybody else I bet. It says; "O'Neal cites several reasons for his breakup with Fawcett, starting with menopause. "I believe Farrah was going through some kind of change," he says, "I don't have a change of life, I was always a jerk. But they're hard work, these divas: I was sick of it, and I was unappreciated. I just don't think she liked me very much. So I excused myself, and I was lucky enough to meet this young girl. She was more of a daughter to me than a lover, and my own daughter had flown the coop, so here was this replacement...

Now this paragraph didn't stand out to me because of what O'Neal did, what stood out to me was that Farrah had no hormones! She was around 48 at this time of her life. She had her only son Redmond at age 40. So, knowing how hormones operate she probably lost her estrogen and progesterone rapidly between 40 and 48 with full cessation of everything apparent by age 48. The significance of this is that Farrah had no hormone protection which is an open doorway for cells to go uncontrolled. Her documentary is self evidence that chemotherapy does not "cure cancer" and did not do her any favors. In the New York Times, Alessandra Stanley chastised the network because the documentary "never made the public service point that HPV is a common cause of this type of cancer." My point is that 20 years without her hormones at normal physiological blood levels might have contributed to her getting cancer in the first place. I know I can't prove that. Nobody can. But, we already have proved that by suppressing our hormones with low dose estrogen, synthetic or not and combining it with synthetic progestin DOES increase our risk for cancer(s).

Hormones should be replaced in humans when they decline or don't function properly or the body has to compensate and age faster than it might otherwise do. We know that women without estrogen are at an increased risk for heart disease and alzheimers. Isn't that enough? Apparently not. Women also get depressed, can't sleep, gain weight, become insulin resistant, get osteoporosis, are always tired, have no sex drive, migraines, anxiety, heart palpitations, hot flashes, night sweats, constipation, diarrhea, irritable bowels, gastritis, increased urinary infections....do I need to keep going?

Women, start researching the truth about your hormones. Stop listening to Big Pharma trying to sell you on the next "quick fix" pill, patch, or idea. Let's get educated together and CHANGE THE STANDARD OF CARE FOR WOMEN!


Call my office to set up an appointment or email me 815-476-5210 or jones.gretchen@gmail.com

1 comments:

Blasé said...

You've got a good thing going! I'm sure you are helping many that would not be helped otherwise.

Peace and Love

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining my revolution to educate women about their hormones! Let's work together.